Monday, May 9, 2011

I Miss the Southwest..

My sister lives in New Mexico and talk about an "artsy" town....wow..Between Santa Fe and Albuquerque...there is art everywhere!  Did I mention that it's pretty "warm" too?  :)  What a change from Cleveland Ohio.  As I write this post it's raining AGAIN....oh well...better days are ahead!
I saw the challenge over at the CCEEE girls blog was "Cinco de Mayo" colors!  Didnt have to ask me twice cuz I bought this cute stamp in Santa Fe at a little stamp store on the square.  The dp is from a K & co. pad .  This card makes me think of the beautiful weather and good times I had there!  I also LOVE the colors for the challenge over at the Play Date Cafe-  PDCC80 .  Notice I just HAD to add a touch of turquoise  cuz it seems to be EVERYWHERE in New Mexico!  At  Paper Take weekly blog anything goes with an option to use something "round" on your card= the button.  TFL!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Jane! so glad you got to go!

Gini said...

Love the layout, colour scheme and offset centre of the flower circle!
If it is any consolation to you and all the rain you are having because none was falling over here in Blighty, we have been catching up by having thunderstorms and vast quantities of rain since Friday, so I don't think there is any rain left to fall in Ohio this week...
Gini
xx

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear you're getting crappy rain! We had so much of that in April. Ugh. So far, May's been great...warm and sunny for the most part.

Your card DOES remind me of a Mexican flavored theme. Ole!

Jill said...

beautiful card Jane thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Fiona said...

such a cute card Jane - love the little house image :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

Unknown said...

What a cute image.. Your card is adorable.

I bet the weather there is about the same as Vegas here.. Nice and Hot..

Happy Monday my friend..
Hugs, Linda

Gez Butterworth said...

Hot papers & a gorgeous stamp :) Love your card.
Hope you are singing in the rain! ;)

Chris said...

gorgeous!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so fun! Great little details! And I love the way your white just POPS on all that deep, rich color! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

So fun! What a great card--and the touch of turquoise is perfect since you live in NM!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Curt in Indy said...

Love the southwest feel of your card. Love what you did with the sun. Very creative. The colors are perfect for the southwest! Great job on this. Best, Curt