Monday, January 9, 2012

Tag a month swap!

Hello all!  Happy New Year!  I suppose like everybody else I am trying some new fun things with my art. :)  I found a fun swap over at "the altered paper" run by "Tee" called "tag a month"  For January the theme is cold/or New Year.  Guess I was able to get in right under the wire and happy to swap with Tee.
This is "snowy Fran" from Stampotique and she certainly fits the bill. She is stamped on a tag that started out vanilla, and I just squirted inks on my craft mat and basically dragged it thru it!  I also did some stamping on top of that and applied some stickers. ALSO....just for participating in the" altered paper" swap, each month one person will be entered to win a 6x6 pad of dp!    As of late I am stalking Kate from the Kathryn wheel  and Julie Fe Fan Balzer.  They are AWESOME artists for working with color . Kate is a dt member with me on Stampotique and she does a calendar page every month that anyone can join in on!  Hope to join in and share here soon.   Love it!   Julie just happens to have such a wealth of info for learning art journaling...its amazing!  I have learned so much!  She also offers up tons of other talented gals with great ideas too.   The tag inspiration was from Dina Wakely. Dina has some awesome ideas for
"jump starting" your creativity and they really work!

I covered the finished tag with a coat of sparkly mod podge
so it really shimmers tho you cant see that too well here.
"Snowy Fran" is on her way to Tee's house now. Hope she likes it! :)
Next....on a personal note....one of my daughters got married on New Years eve....LOTS of planning...but well worth it!

Two weddings in two years....two down...two to go??  lol  The happy couple......................
Thanks for looking!  



10 comments:

Tee said...

Jane Welcome to The Altered Paper! So Glad To Have You Join In The Tag A Month! I Love Snowy Fran & The Techniques You Used To Create Her! Thank You.
And Beautiful Wedding Pics! And The Dress...is Awesome! Love The Style! Congrats To Your Daughter!
Hugs,Tee

Juls said...

your tag is just gorgeous!!! and thanks for sharing your fabby pic's! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

I just know she is going to LOVE your tag.. Tooo cute. Those wedding photos are gorgeous.. She looks beautiful.. Congrats to the lovely couple..

Hugs, Linda

Pam Sparks said...

oh wow! Gorgeous wedding and so fun to see your photos! What a whirlwind and then bam, it's over! lol
I'm going to have to check out all these blogs!
wonderful, artsy, cute tag! love it! Happy New Year!

Mycharmingcolors said...

I would totally do the Swap if I was good at altered art/tags. For now I just buy my tags for my hats off of Etsy :-)

Judith Tetley said...

What a fun tag for January. The snowman would melt in a minute here in Australia as we are in the middle of summer.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Oh my gosh that is a beautiful wedding. Love the black and white. The brides dress is beautiful.
Great tag I have wondered about Sparkly mod podge. Do you like it? Tag of the month swap sounds like fun. Your's is wonderful1

Darlene said...

Hey girlfriend ... Happy New Year! NOW you can take a breather!!

Your tag is fabulous and your daughter's wedding is GORGEOUS! LOVE the B/W with the pop of red from the poinsettia's ... GORGEOUS!

Let's get together soon ... give me a jingle when you get free! Hugs!

mercedes scott said...

Beautiful tag and even more beautiful bride! I love holiday weddings! My oldest is engaged and I'm hoping they go for a Christmastime date... btw, I just purchased some of the glittery Mod Podge and can't wait to use it.

The Wired Angel said...

Two weddings in two years.. wow, you are one VERY busy lady. I love wedding pics and the one you shared of your daughter is precious. Every special wish coming your way for the best of everything that 2012 has to offer. Peggy x