Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tag Tuesday "Easter"

Time sure flys!  It is Holy week and I am wondering where Christmas went.  I play in Tee's tag swap once a month and the theme right now is Easter/ Spring.  I made this for my swap partner:
The images are freebies from Crafty Secrets.  They are layered on the tag with a little sewing.  I also would like to enter in the following other challenges:  (Tag Tuesday), Catered Crop = use a brad, Raise the bar =" the promise of Easter" and All sorts challenge 148= photo inspiration on the blog.  Speaking of Easter....I read this little quote/prayer  on the "tag Tuesday" blog too... and I think it sums things up..."The Cross shows what sin can do and what love can bear".... hmmmmmm....sounds right to me....









Next is a card I made for a friend of mine who is just beginning her journey to beat breast cancer...she is on my mind .....

Image = Stampotique Sunfleur #9167 colored with Copics.  The paper behind it is handmade India paper that I found in JoAnns' kinda off by itself in a lonely isle ... it is GORGEOUS, has sparkles on it and I cant wait to use it more.  The red button was also at JoAnns and I clipped off the back of it for my card.  I would like to enter this card the PaperTake weekly challenge blog for the beginning of the month which is "anything goes".
TFL  and wishing you all a very Blessed Holy Week leading to Easter Sunday.....  :)

11 comments:

brenda said...

What a fun image Jane and all beautifully coloured.

Thanks so much for joining our inspirational theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Mary M. said...

Love your tag and card Jane. Your friend is going to love your card. Keep sending them to her. There's nothing better you could do to cheer her. You are so talented!

Tee said...

Jane, You Do Such Nice Work!
I Do love Your 'On My Mind Card' That You Made For A Special Friend.
Handmade Comes From The Heart-Nothing Better! Hugs,Tee

Angie said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly.
Angie x

Sue said...

Beautiful tag, love that image.
Your card for your friend is going to be so appreciated, she will be glad to know you are thinking of her as she goes through this health crisis.

Hugs
Sue

B and L Robinson said...

Hello my friend, Just popping in to see what you have created. Everything looks so pretty!

Hugs, Linda

Linda McClain said...

I Know! Time is going too freakin' fast. I love your two cards. GorJUS.

Connie said...

Hi Jane, I'm here and I'm following the Stampotique Designer's Blog, too. Just can't get enough of your incredible art. Connie :)

Chris said...

Hi Jane, I was thrilled to see your name on the Unscripted list of new DT. Yeah for you, I can't wait to see what you do.
love you tag, I suck so bad at tags, isn't that ridiculous.
I will keep your friend in mind. I hate breast cancer. did you know Jen Scull from the old days at S2G is also battling it. She sounded good a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard anything since.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Wonderfully fun creations, Jane. I really like the use of green that runs through both of these pretty paper crafts. You always have such a great eye for colour!


Wishing you the sweetest and most serene of Easters, dear lady,

♥ Jessica

Gini said...

A very Happy Easter to you Jane!
Love this tag, Crafty Secrets make great stamp sets.
Absolutely adore your pink with black Alice's rabbit card you made!
AND the screaming bunny AND S. blog hop cards.
Sending your poorly friend lots of supportive hugs too :-)
Gini